Shukla Tirth Retreat Centre - Program
"His authentic Voice may be resounding in every heart, though it may not be audible to any one of them on account of the clamour of innumerable voices within. All these voices, my dear brother, must necessarily be silenced in order to catch the vibrations of the Voice of Silence..."
Shri Ram Chandra, "Letters of the Master", 27 July 1956
- Duration of stay is from 3 to 10 days.
- A retreat period is a time for introspection and immersion in one’s spiritual condition. As such, there is no structured daily schedule, planned programs such as lectures, group activities or daily satsangh. Abhyasis should feel free to structure their own schedules.
- Participants who go on retreat for only three days are advised to avoid reading books of any kind (including Mission literature), as well as watching videos during this brief period. They will not participate in voluntary work, except for preparing their own meals and cleaning up at the end of their stay. For those who stay longer than three days, we suggest some short periods of voluntary work at the retreat centre and ashram.
- Being in an environment of silence, away from the pull of their worldly lives, many have found an inner space where meditation and the connection with Master become a natural part of the flow of life.
- A local prefect will be available by prior appointment for individual sittings.
- Retreatants are not required to join in the Sunday morning satsangh at Melaka centre but instead can continue their private retreat during this time.