Heartfulness Research Findings from IIT Delhi & Max Hospitals
Bulletin No: 2019.09 - Saturday, 2 February 2019
Dear sisters and brothers,
1. Research Findings from IIT Delhi & Max Hospitals indicate that Heartfulness keeps the heart healthy
In a first of its kind study conducted by the National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering (NRCVEE) at IIT Delhi, and the Department of Non Invasive Cardiology, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, the data pointed towards the fact that there was a significant effect of the Heartfulness practices of Cleaning and Meditation on heart rate, blood pressure and heart rate variability, which is an indicator of cardiovascular as well as overall health.
The authors are Narendra Kumar Arya, Kamlesh Singh and Anushree Malik, from the NRCVEE, and Rahul Mehrotra, Head, Department of Non-Invasive Cardiology, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi. They concluded that 30-minute sessions of Heartfulness Meditation and Cleaning produce significant modulation of the autonomic nervous system towards parasympathetic dominance, so as to favourably moderate basic vital parameters. The results also indicate that these practices helped improve the feeling of overall happiness and well-being following the Meditation sessions without being demanding. The findings of the study have been published in the Indian Heart Journal, the official journal of the Cardiological Society of India (Indian Heart Journal 70 (2018) S50–S55). The study has already been quoted widely in the Indian press.
- Heartfulness meditation has a positive effect on overall health - The Hindu
- 30-minute of meditation, yoga can help your heart: Study - DNA
- A Preliminary Joint Study by IIT Delhi & Max Hospitals - Odisha Story
- Heartfulness Meditation’ keeps the heart healthy, reveals study by IIT Delhi & Max Hospitals - Bio Voice
2. Talk by Daaji on 26 January 2019, entitled ‘Prepare Well for Satsangh’
On the morning of 26 January 2019, Daaji gave a talk on how best we can prepare ourselves for group meditation. It is a great preparation for all who will be attending the celebrations for the birth anniversary of Lalaji in any of our centres worldwide.
3. Beloved Daaji has suggested the following satsangh timings for Basant Celebrations for Kanha and all centers:
February 9 and 10: 9 am and 5 pm
February 11: 9 am