Bulletin No: 2016.75 - Sunday, 20 November 2016
- Senior Citizens Retreat at Manapakkam
- Heartfulness Talent - Youth Seminar in Ahmedabad
- New Hindi Series on the Heartfulness YouTube Channel
1. Senior Citizens Retreat at Manapakkam
Revered Daaji has blessed us with an opportunity to serve the elders of our Sahaj Marg community here at Manapakkam ashram.
If you are an abhyasi above 60 years of age, you are invited to spend a week at Manapakkam ashram and use the facilities as a retreat, to rest in the calm spiritual atmosphere and fully immerse yourself in your inner quest.
The following daily activities and facilities available at the ashram will make your stay more comfortable and fruitful:
- Accommodation will be in the Auditorium building, which is also called A block. Most of these rooms have attached toilets and there is a lift available in this building.
- All your meals will be served in the basement of A Block itself where suitable seating and a limited number of tables can be found for the purpose. There is also a canteen open in the ashram for most of the day.
- Group meditation sessions are on Monday to Saturday at 6:30 a.m., 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the Meditation Hall.
- Talks of the Masters are played in Master's Cottage daily between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Individual sittings are conducted daily in Master's Cottage between 2 and 4 p.m.
- The library is also in A block and is available for most part of the day. Apart from a wide variety of books, it is equipped with four computers with headphones, loaded with audio and video recordings of the Masters.
- There is a Heartfulness Welcome Lounge in the ashram, which is an interesting place to visit as it has activities throughout the day. Training in Heartfulness is available at the Lounge.
- In case of need, we have a Medical Centre in the ashram which operates from Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sundays from 9 to 11:30 a.m. The doctors are also on call in case of emergencies. Having said this, it is required that you should be fit to travel and be without any serious medical ailments.
We invite you to send your requests for a period of one week, preferably arriving on a Monday and returning by the following Sunday afternoon. This invitation is open for any week at your convenience during the year. There is a limited amount of accommodation so it may be on a twin share basis in case of shortage. Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to this opportunity to serve you.
With warm regards,
Babuji Memorial Ashram Team,
2. Heartfulness Talent - Youth Seminar in Ahmedabad
It has been over a year since the Youth Seminar in Satkhol, that inspiring time gifted by dear Daaji to the youth. We left from Satkhol as determined parivrajakas, each one on their own path with a dream of Heartfulness, so unique and bright.
Even those who had not come in person to Satkhol caught the fragrance of the revolution on the move on the breezes, which blew their way from eager hearts.
And remember the article of Swami Vivekananda, his life, work and mission, and the band of brothers, that our Daaji shared with us all before the Satkhol seminar?
Well it is now time for the band of brothers (and sisters) to come home again to a fresh moment of reckoning, sharing our experiences and bringing to the forefront the talents that we each have nurtured, discovered and found in the year of Heartfulness adventures that we have lived. It is time to comfort each other, share our concerns, inspire each other through the miracles we have witnessed, and flame the fires of the movement like never before. It is time to laugh, cry, soar and be together again.
This unique event in Ahmedabad is going to be far more than just nurturing talent, as you have all realised by now.
In our dear Daaji's words, "We will be guided at every step of the way while this movement is taking shape. To be guided is like to be inspired, to act in newer ways that no one has taught as yet. The inspiration from above will be palpable to the extent that our heart is silent. This can happen in the depths of our heart. For this, more than ever our practice will determine the quality of our reception of inspiration and execution in our work."
What will we do here in Ahmedabad?
- We invite you to come with a specially prepared 3-minute presentation on 'Me and Heartfulness'. Do the best you can in 5 minutes to present the Heartfulness Movement. Prepare your presentation, refine it, and be innovative, creative and at your best.
- Send us your presentation as a video so that we can review it and help you make it better. Selected participants will be doing their presentations to the jury and all the participants during the event.
- Each day there will be a series of interesting never-before-experienced highly empowering workshops, brainstorming sessions, group exchanges, other events and profound spiritual work sessions.
Who can participate?
- Those of you below 40 years of age who are actively involved in Heartfulness initiatives or hope to be involved in Heartfulness initiatives.
- We will be able to easily accommodate around 400 of you for this first session, due to space and time constraints. So first registered, first served. There will be other sessions later in the year so everyone will be welcomed sooner or later.
What you need to do next:
Fill out the form to apply at https://goo.gl/forms/DCq8dqT68wmF0QUv2.
When we confirm registration of your application we will send you a confirmation letter so that you can book your travel. Please register only individually. We will not be able to accommodate anyone other than the registered and confirmed participants at the venue. Please do note that if anyone is accompanying you they need to make their own arrangements for transport and stay.
We will be sending preparatory videos and articles to help you get ready. Attached to this bulletin is the article of Swami Vivekananda mentioned above.
The event will go from the 16th of December early morning to late evening of the 18th of December 2016. Those whose registration is confirmed may arrive from the 15th morning onwards and leave from the 19th morning onwards.
The venue is the Zonal Ashram of Gujarat at Adalaj, Ahmedabad.
We will send more details upon registration.
3. New Hindi Series on the Heartfulness YouTube Channel
We have launched a video series on YouTube entitled 'Ek Rishi Ki Baatein' on our Heartfulness Channel. 'Ek Rishi Ki Baatein' is a series of short talks in Hindi on various finer aspects of life. As per Daaji's suggestion, the first series is 'Jeevan ke dus margdarshi siddhant'. This series has short talks in which Rishi Ranjan presents `Ten Guiding Principles of Life' in a very simple and easy manner.
Below is the link for the videos for your reference:
The series has been launched today with the first 3 episodes and further episodes will continue to be uploaded on a periodic basis. 40 episodes have been recorded so far.